Terms and Conditions
The Old School,
Careston, Brechin, Angus, DD9 6SA.
1. Period of Hire. Letting commences from 4 pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10 am on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking. Hire is on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday, unless otherwise agreed at time of booking. The owners live nearby and will meet you on arrival, at a time previously arranged. The property is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons stated on the booking form.
2. Booking & Payment.
A request for a booking can be made by email, preferred method, or in the post, with a confirmation then sent by return from the owners. A deposit of 20% of the total rent for the holiday period is due 2 days after the quote, payable to NC & FM Yates secures the booking. This can be paid by bank transfer, by cheque or as detailed in the Holiday lettings web site. The balance of the hire charge becomes payable 30 days before the commencement of the letting period. If the balance is not received by this date then the Owners will be entitled to re-let for the period and the deposit will be forfeit by the Client.
For bookings made less than 30 days in advance, full payment is required at time of booking. Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners the Client is responsible for the full hire charge.
Bank Name:- The Royal Bank of Scotland.
Sort Code:- 83-25-16
Account No:- 00290679
Should the Client make a cancellation, the Owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so a full refund will be made; if not the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. If cancellation occurs less than 4 weeks prior to hire and the Owners are unable to re-let for the period, then the entire hire fee will be forfeited by the Client.
4. Availability. If the property cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners' control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Client will have no further claim against the Owners. Clients are advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
5. Services. Use of electricity for light and cooking and oil for the central heating are included up to a generous level of usage. If more than reasonable usage is recorded, a charge may be made in accordance with that levied by the service providers at that time. Bed linen and towels are included in the cost. For each week of a stay a change of linen will be provided if requested.
6. Septic Tank The property waste disposal is processed by a Septic Tank. In order for this to work efficiently, it is imperative that nothing other than toilet paper is flushed down the loos. Items that have caused problems previously include kitchen roll, tampons, baby wipes, other ‘hygiene’ wipes that are often described on the pack as ‘flushable’, none of which are biodegradable. Alternative means of disposal will be supplied for these items.
7. Number of Persons using the properties. The number of persons occupying the property should not exceed the maximum number of six. Additional overnight guests are not permitted . Sub- letting is strictly prohibited.
7. Complaints & Problems. Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact the Owners as soon as possible, who will attempt to rectify the problem.
8. Breakage or Damage. For the benefit of the next clients staying in the house, please advise us of any breakage or damage that occurs during your stay. We do not charge for breakages or damage, which occur as a result of normal use, but reserve the right to demand payment for damage or breakages, which occur as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse.
9. Care of Property The Client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning. The cottage should be kept aired out of consideration for the next guests. No smoking is permitted in the property.
10. Pets. The property has a no pet's policy.
11. Liability. The Owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
12. Right of Entry. We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
13. Injury Loss or Damage. The use of the property, its grounds and equipment is entirely at the Client's risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Client or a member of his or her party, nor for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles.
14. Client's Responsibility The Client is responsible for the property and its contents during the duration of their stay, which should be left clean and tidy at the end of the holiday, and any breakages, damage or faults reported to the Owners.
15. Contract. The Contract of Hire is between the Client and Nick Yates Associates Ltd, the Owners of "The Old School”, Careston, Brechin, Angus, DD9 6SA.
I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions and agree to them.